A lot has changed over the past 60 years in the Elsinore Valley, but our strong commitment to our customers remains the same. Since its formation in 1950, Elsinore Valley Municipal Water District has worked to harness local water resources and provide its customers with a safe, reliable, and affordable water supply.
In today’s high tech world, we want our customers to know that they can rely on us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for up to the minute information on District progress and strides that we are taking to better serve our customers.
It is also important to remember the long history of service that water has played in bringing modern lifestyles to southwest Riverside County. Our forbearers moving into the Elsinore Valley, which were represented by Mutual Water companies that EVMWD has acquired over the years, stretches back to the pioneering settlers of the 1850’s. Some of these older facilities are still used today to irrigate orange groves in south Corona using the Temescal Water Company system. The same Temescal Water Company later built the Railroad Canyon Dam and reservoir in 1928 which are still in use today.
The Elsinore Valley Municipal Water District is proud of its role as a steward of the precious resource water. Everyday our employees work to conserve and recycle its natural resources, while providing the highest level of service to our customers.