As EVMWD moves into Stage 2 of our Water Shortage Contingency Plan, we wanted our customers to know a few things about this less restrictive stage. The drought penalties on water budget blocks 3 and 4 are eliminated; this follows removal of drought surcharges from the bills last fall. Under Stage 2, customers will be able to irrigate outdoors four days a week. In addition, pool and spa covers are required and new landscapes are allowed only if drip irrigation is used. However, restriction on water waste that were enacted last year remain in place.
Water Use Prohibitions:
• Washing down sidewalks or driveways
• Watering during or within 48 hours after a rain event
• Irrigation runoff
• Using fountains or water features without recirculating pumps
• Watering on windy days
• Providing water at restaurants unless requested
• Not giving hotel and motel guests the option to decline daily linen changes
Guidelines for outdoor water use:
• Use sprinkler irrigation systems between 6 p.m. and 6 a.m.
• Watering by hand, with drip irrigation or reclaimed water, is OK during daylight hours
• Adjust sprinklers to avoid overspray, runoff and waste
• Fix leaks or broken irrigation equipment to reduce waste
**Fines are for customers in violation of the above prohibitions noted by EVMWD staff for water waste during a water shortage.
|Third & any subsequent violations||$100|
We ask our customers to continue practicing water-use efficiency, as the long-term drought is not over. EVMWD provides tools and rebates to help customers stay within their water budgets. More information is available at www.evmwd.com/conservation.